Colonist is a growing family, and we'd love your help!
We respond to each application. If you haven't received a response for more than a month, please resend or contact us from below.
Playtesters help us make sure there are no issues in the next update, and get rewarded with Colonist Coins!
What we are looking for in a Playtester:
- Plays a lot of Colonist
- Knows all scenarios and game rules
- Knows what the main existent bugs are
- Follows playtester handbook, rules and guidelines
- Takes the initiative and report as many bugs as possible
- Understands all game mechanics (timers, trades, robber, etc..)
- Be clear and concise when reporting bugs or suggesting changes
To become a playtester all you need to do is click the emoji in role-mgmt discord channel and then you will have access to our hidden play tester area
Want to help improve Colonist by designing new interfaces, streaming games on Twitch, or helping make Cities & Knights? Or perhaps build maps, create artwork, or help other players? Fill out this form!
Many developers want to contribute to Colonist codebase and fix issues they are personally annoyed with. All of our new full time team members came from either our discord community or from contributors. Contributing increases the chances but does not guarantee that you will be hired. Becoming a contributor is also a great way to get into our development environment and learn about each other without doing a full commitment.
What we are looking for in unpaid contributors:
- Plays a lot of Colonist
- Dedicate more than 5 hours weekly
- Will stick around for multiple months
- Willing to figure out how everything works without hand holding
Interested in helping develop Colonist? Fill out our developer form
What we are looking for in paid team members:
- Dedicate around 40 hours weekly
- Plays a lot of Colonist in test mode
- Obsessed about improving the game
- Will stick around for multiple years
- Dreams about Colonist: dice, VP, robbers, sheep
We're hiring more full-time members, read for more info: Colonist is Hiring
- We’re fully remote
- We’re a hybrid between a website, a startup and a game company
- We use a lot of web technologies like node.js, pixi.js, typescript
- We usually work on the highest things voted in our suggestion page
We release a new update every 2 weeks on Wednesdays. Example:
Week-1: Work on v10
Week-2: Work on v10
Week-3: Work on v11 - v10 is being tested and bugs are fixed
Week-4: Work on v11 - v10 released
Week-5: Work on v12 - v11 is being tested and bugs are fixed
Week-6: Work on v12 - v11 released